Saturday, July 2, 2011

He's Got You Covered!


1 Timothy 2:9

"And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothes."

It's summer time! So before you go out that door let's think about what we are wearing and why are we wearing it? In a society where they charge you an arm and a leg for something that doesn't even cover an arm or a leg it is hard to see why we stand to be societies manicins. I admit that in summer time it is not sensible to wear as much clothing as we would in other seasons. However, it doesn't make sense for our bodies to be exposed in front of our "admirers" also. That's right I went there! I am female and I know that when we females put on clothes we often think of what we would wear to impress the opposite sex. Am I wrong?

Okay so God made a person out there for you and they are going to think you are beautiful no matter what you wear... or don't wear. That person will be your husband and until that person comes along GIRL YOU BETTER COVER YOURSELF! Why would you try to lure in the wolves if that is not the kind of creature you want to spend the rest of your life with? By honoring your body you are not only honoring God but you are honoring your husband. In Proverbs 31:12 it says a virtuous wife honors her husband all the days of her life. That means now also even if he's not even in the picture. So let's think twice about leting society chose what we are wearing today.

Picture Hollywood and the red carpet... and picture what they are wearing? Do you realize those poor people are slaves to society and slaves to a sexual culture? I don't know about you but I do "not" think that is beautiful. I feel bad for those people. I would rather live in "holy would" then Hollywood. If I wanna be holy would I wear that?

It's all a matter of the heart... is your heart in the world or is your heart focused on God? Most Christians do not get along with Muslims but I respect them. I have a friend that I admire greatly. She wears a hijab (head-dress) and when I asked her why she does (because she's cool like that and let's me ask questions) she said that God's word for her (the Koran) tells her that she should wear it in respect for God. Covering her head is her way of showing respect to God so she does it. So why aren't we showing respect to God? Our bible tells us how to dress also but maybe people don't realize that. My friend is very modest but is she goregous? OOOOOOH yeah she's the kind of girl that has green eyes and a beautiful face but her eyes are what pulls you in because they are so full of beauty and light. I don't know about you but I am a sucker for when my boyfriend stares in my eyes and tells me how beautiful I am. I've had guys give me "elevator eyes" and tell me I'm hot but it is totally not the same.

When I get up in the morning sure I think about what I am wearing and yes I do try to look prettyful for my guy but first and foremost I realize I am a Princess of the King and as such I represent Him. I want to represent Him in a beautiful way being modest. I live according to God not according to the world.

1 Peter 2:12 NLT

"Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world."

No comments: