Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Ultimate Pain Killer




Psalm 147:3 AMP He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds [curing their pains and their sorrows]


Have you ever been told that hurting people hurt others? I know I've been that hurting person before the one who hurt others because I was so into my own wounds that I didn't realize I was inflicting pain and guilt on other people. Somewhere there needs to be a few hundred hospital beds for wounded hearts. The IV needs to be the love of Christ and the pain killer the restoration of joy and peace in that person's life.

My mom used to work on the critical care step down unit in a hospital. She would come home telling us stories about how the patients were flaring everywhere and it was almost hopeless to get an IV in them that would help them calm down. I think of myself when I was wounded and others tried to help me and provide comforting words. My heart was hardened to it and I was flaring around in my "woa is me". Sooner or later I got tired out and gave in though. Sooner or later these other hurting people are going to get tired out and give in also. There is an appropriate time for ministering to others. Sometimes we just need to back away and realize God will keep that person in His hands until He calls us to that person.

I am very much like my mom I want to help everyone to heal. I want everyone to be happy and I take my job as an encourager very personally. If someone is down I tend to take on their emotions. If someone is hurt I tend to take on some of their pain. Lately I realize that is "not" as crazy as it sounds... because I am designed after God and in His image. Our God does that also He sent Jesus to go through the pain the torment God on earth experiencing what it is like being a man. He felt that pain He felt that rejection that heart ache. Did He hurt others? No He took it and made it into something He could help others with. He went on and healed people and proclaimed miracles all over for the glory of God.

We need to take on a new saying. Healed people help others! Claim healing and realize God wants you to be whole in Him. He loves you ... your cares He cares about. Lay it at His feet today.

Be encouraged and if there is anything you ever need prayer for I am here for you!

Isaiah 53:5

But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed.

No comments: