Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Walnut Perspective


Psalm 139:16
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.


I got frustrated today because I'm just so blah lately not knowing what God wants me to do. Unfortunately all I know is what He wants me to do in the future... and really can't see anything right in front of me. It got a hold on my emotions and because I was so frustrated I blew up on someone I love very much. The thing I blew up at them about wasn't even the thing I was really upset about. Lately I've lost two jobs within a couple of months and am very aggravated that I can't hold down a job. I've been staying up nights just over thinking about how unworthy I feel without a purpose in my life right now. I sit awake days over thinking of how I wish something would just pop up so I wouldn't have to feel like I'm sitting around doing nothing.
Then I remembered something my brother had said to me a few days earlier when I had an emotional breakdown. My brother told me to remember the movie Soul Surfer when she was looking at the walnut. Sometimes we want everything so close up that we fail to see the bigger picture. We fail to look at things from another perspective. Right now I can't see what's in front of me I can only see the bigger picture. However, I need to be okay with the bigger picture and look forward and rejoice that someday it will happen.
I can't imagine how Bethany Hamilton felt after her dream of surfing had been chomped with a big giant shark bite... but she didn't give up because she had faith in the bigger picture. Although she couldn't see what was right in front of her she had faith that God had a wonderful plan for her life.
When life throws us rip curls and we feel we can't control where it is taking us sometimes we need to just hang ten and ride the wave. Let go let God and realize He has a bigger picture.

Habakkuk 2:3-4
3 This vision is for a future time.
It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled.
If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently,
for it will surely take place.
It will not be delayed.

4 “Look at the proud!
They trust in themselves, and their lives are crooked.
But the righteous will live by their faithfulness to God.

No comments: