Monday, December 19, 2011

Deep Sea Diving




Jeremiah 31:34b “...for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

Sometimes when I get very low I picture myself drowning in the ocean. I stare at the surface of the water and it is glistening and I see light but the further I sink the darker it gets and the colder I become. Last Saturday I was listening to Audio Adrenaline "Ocean Floor". It said "your sins are forgotten they're on the bottom of the ocean floor". Just then someone told me about how God casts our sins into the sea of forgiveness with no fishing signs... sometimes we go fishing... other times "other" people will go fishing there.
Have you ever had people shove your mistakes in your face? Have people brought up things that God already forgave you for? One of my biggest issues with people is when they go off with emotions then bring up every offense they've ever had toward me no matter how small it was. I do it too. The other day I was working out with my best friend and we were talking about something with her church then she said some words that brought up how angry I was toward a remember of her church who used to go there (and left). That was "years" ago and I was still letting it get to me... I realized I need to let go of that. One time I had an idea of writing down all my fears and issues on rocks and throwing them in the ocean.
Last week when I was subbing a girl was telling me how this other girl offended her on October 8th. I told that girl it was very unhealthy for her to hold onto that for so long and she has to get over it and forgive the girl because it's destroying her joy. Sometimes the ocean is the best place to cast these things because the ocean is so deep that there are parts that haven't been discovered yet. If we go snorkeling near the surface we feel free and can swim and enjoy ourselves. If we deep sea dive we need to be able to carry the burdens necessary to even just survive in that environment. I don't know about you but I don't want extra burdens.
When I was younger I watched a lot of Nova movies about deep sea diving. The fish that always stuck around the surface were the most beautiful fish the deeper you went into the ocean the more scary the fish looked. I don't know about you but I want to stay near the light and not go into the darkness. Come out of the deep sea and into the light. Do not go near your sins... rise above the surface look toward the sunrise move on and realize God's mercy is new every morning.

2 Timothy 2:22
22 Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.

No comments: