Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bad Hair Day?


Today I got my hair cut and I was wondering why do women make so much of a fuss about what they look like. I wasn't entirely happy with the weather's effect on my new hair cut so I went to the store to buy some hair products. While I was their I went from buying hair products to glancing at lotions. They have something for everyone who is unhappy with the way they look... if they want to pay. Then I realized how great it feels to have a God who can put up with your bad hair days and your self esteem issues. He created you in His image and He said it was good. You are already approved by Him. So why do we still look in the mirror and judge our appearances? Maybe it's time we focus on inner beauty a bit more. I love to read my bible because it makes me not go crazy when stuff starts stressing me out. When we get real with God we feel awesome. Don't forget He can take our bad hair days and turn them into something for His glory also.

1 Peter 3:3-4 (New International Version)

3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

No comments: