Saturday, October 15, 2011

Agent Identify Yourself


Hebrews 10:24-25
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.


This morning I woke up with a to-do list for God. Everyone knows when God gives us a to-do list we better listen because people have gotten swallowed by whales and cast into the wilderness for not obeying God. I tend to have this meh what will people think of me mentality sometimes when I get my to-do list. God wants everyone to know that when we follow Him that's "all" that matters and He'll work it all out if you don't believe me read Romans 8:28. Not saying it's gonna be rainbows and butterflies... if you want more on persecution and standing against the crowd I have past blogs on that also. This blog is about what happened with the to-do list God gave me this morning. So I did it... I did exactly what He asked me to do and I was like okay God what now? And God spoke a word over me... one word; catalyst. Just then I felt the presence of God fill me up. It was a sort of pride but not so much a worldly pride. I felt like God just identified me! One word... and I had "no idea" what it meant. I remembered something about catalysts from chemistry class way way back in high school but I didn't think of myself as a chemical reaction so I looked it up on google. I got this;
3.
a person or thing that precipitates an event or change: His imprisonment by the government served as the catalyst that helped transform social unrest into revolution.
4
a person whose talk, enthusiasm, or energy causes others to be more friendly, enthusiastic, or energetic.

The fourth definition really woke me up because lately I've been feeling like my attitude doesn't always match my heart. My heart loves people it get's excited and wants people to get excited about good things also. However, these last couple rainy days haven't exactly left me feeling enthusiastic. I also felt well God that doesn't exactly tell me what I am going to do but it gives me an identity for now.

Have you ever watched a spy movie and half the time the spy does what he does without being briefed and just goes with the flow because that's what they were trained to do? Well God trained me... and He wants to train you. God wants to give you a secret name like "come in eagle one report your position". In the military we are given names to protect us from the enemy knowing our past or any other form of identification. God gives us a name so the enemy knows who we are in His mind. That may or may not make our mission easier but it definitely will be useful. We need to become who God calls us to be. We have a special mission here on Earth and may not always get the direct contact with the Base but we need to be well trained and ready for what comes. The only way to do this is to put on the full armor of God. That is what we can find in Ephesians 6. I've also done blogs on it in the past if you would just prefer to dive into archives. So keep strong and get training and know who you are. You are a special agent with a mission.

2 Peter 1:3
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,

No comments: