Saturday, October 29, 2011

Share the Blood



Romans 3:13-18
13 “Their talk is foul, like the stench from an open grave.
Their tongues are filled with lies.”
“Snake venom drips from their lips.”
14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”
15 “They rush to commit murder.
16 Destruction and misery always follow them.
17 They don’t know where to find peace.”
18 “They have no fear of God at all.”

I was reading my bible and praying today about the situation I've dealt with this past week. I was crying out to God because I wanted to stay in this job and make an impact in my boss' life. My whole family, my friends, and Johnny's family were all praying for her especially to come to salvation. It's very hard to not feel bitterness when someone shows bitterness toward you for no reason. One thing my dad used to pray on my way to work every morning was "We have 'all' sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". I feel as Christians sometimes we are quick to think we have it all under control and there are no problems that need fixing... instead we try to fix everyone else.
Tonight as I was praying about the bitterness "in my life" and releasing it to God... He showed me this scripture in Romans chapter 3. A scripture I memorized when I was 7 years old was "For we all have fallen short of the glory of God there is no one righteous no not one". I prayed God to forgive me for the bitterness I had for my boss and for other people who have hurt me. When He showed me this scripture I thought woah this describes exactly what I was dealing with all these months and praying over every morning before work. Just then my eyes slide down the scriptures... and realized that it said... and Christ died for them. It didn't just say... Christ died it said He poured out His blood. The person I was bitter toward who wont except God and hates me because I have God in my life is bitter... but God forgave her and He died for her also on that cross. So tonight I'm releasing bitterness toward her and holding her to the cross to be drenched in His blood... crying out thank You Lord and praying for Him to forgive me for not seeing that THIS ONE He gave His blood for also.

So tonight I'm holding her up for Your blood to pour out onto her Lord that she would receive Grace... I'm trading this bitterness in for Grace heal my heart bind my wounds help me to pray for her daily. In Jesus name Amen!

continuing on in Romans 3
25 For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past, 26 for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he declares sinners to be right in his sight when they believe in Jesus.

27 Can we boast, then, that we have done anything to be accepted by God? No, because our acquittal is not based on obeying the law. It is based on faith. 28 So we are made right with God through faith and not by obeying the law.


P.S. If you feel bitterness or unforgiveness in your heart today toward someone... let it rest under the blood of Christ and soak in His grace. Feel free to message me if you have an specific needs for prayer. Love you all!

No comments: