Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mighter than Mountains



7 The earth trembled and quaked,
and the foundations of the mountains shook;
they trembled because he was angry.
8 Smoke rose from his nostrils;
consuming fire came from his mouth,
burning coals blazed out of it.

A while ago I was watching Pride and Prejudice when Elizabeth was quoting "what are men compared to mountains?" When I look at mountains I'm just overpowered with awe of how beautiful and majestic they are. The mountains are clothed with trees and all sorts of terrain. It seems that they are so much closer to God that I just wish I could sit on the top of one and look up and see Him. Imagine that they would shake when God gets angry. If only we ourselves would shake when God got angry. If only we even cared sometimes if God was angry. I look at this scripture and perhaps today we might ignore it and say well God is a loving God I don't see how He would ever have smoke coming from His nostrils. Right? Well, however you view God He is all powerful and mighty.

The bible says that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Today I feel that people don't fear God as much as they ought. People don't even give God the authority He rightfully deserves. Sometimes I don't even praise Him enough. We really have to compare ourselves to those mountains the bible says if we stop praising God the trees and mountains will. Imagine if we feared God more how much it would move us. Mountains are powerful... but they don't contain the gifts of the spirit like we do. We should be moving mountains not letting mountains do all the moving.

Matthew 17:20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

No comments: