Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pierce the Darkness



Psalm 18:17-18
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the LORD was my support.

Have you ever been overwhelmed by negativity? There have been days where everyone around me seemed so negative and I just wanted to avoid people because I don't want to get into a negative spirit also. Then I realize I'm not up against people... I'm up against principalities of darkness meaning Satan's demons are leeching onto people and causing them to be depressed or lack hope or even just plain grumps. Looking at it this way I recognize who the enemy is. I recognize now is the time to pray against those spirits and rebuke them off of people. We have been given the authority from God to rebuke demons.

When Christ resurrected from the dead and then transcended into Heaven not only did He overcome death itself but He provided the Holy Spirit for us to have in us so that we would have the authority to do great things as well. We have that authority over the demons of negativity that latch onto people. We can pray those demons off of them. Instead of avoiding negative situations I really should start speaking in tongues over them. I need to remember that even though I'm surrounded the Lord is my strength and my shield and I don't need to worry about conquering them all because they are already conquered with the name of Jesus. We just need to pray more.

I love Frank Peretti books because the angels in his books have no power unless the people of God pray. I really believe that is the way it is. God can put the angels to fight for us but we need to have faith and prayer in order for them to have the right ammunition. Prayer is a powerful thing. We need to do more of it. So the next time you are facing the darkness pierce it with prayer.

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

No comments: