Monday, January 10, 2011

Stupid Cupid!



Psalm 18:13-14
13 The LORD thundered from heaven;
the voice of the Most High resounded.
14 He shot his arrows and scattered the enemy,
with great bolts of lightning he routed them.

I'm sure you are all getting tired of seeing Valentine's day things filling the shelves of the grocery store. If you are any of my single friend ladies who don't need to be reminded of how lonely and single you are right now you may want to read on. I don't know why but as I was reading this scripture today I got a visual of cupid... and I thought in my mind THANK GOD! that cupid does not pick who our future spouse will be. Thank God that He does! Imagine how messed up we'd be if we let our love life be decided by some mostly naked cherub with bad aim. Thank God He has great aim and can protect us from any deceptions of the Devil that come our way.

I don't know about you but when I was "desperate" for a guy to come into my life I went looking in "all" the wrong places... even in church. Somehow when you don't let God decide who He wants you can end up with the wrong person even if they are a Christian or you've met them in church. I remember those days that I cried miserably because of how lonely I was. I cried so much one time my parents felt so bad for me they bought me a huge stuffed monkey to say it was my boyfriend. How pathetic right?

While working out today I talked to my friend about God's plan in our lives. We both agreed it is much better when we wait for Him to move us forward. We need to not look back but know who we are in Him and keep trusting Him to lead us forward. Thank God we can trust Him and not some stupid cupid.

Psalm 37:4
4 Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

No comments: