Tuesday, January 11, 2011

That's Deep!



Psalms 18:15-16
15 The valleys of the sea were exposed
and the foundations of the earth laid bare
at your rebuke, LORD,
at the blast of breath from your nostrils.
16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.

I just find it so amazing that there are parts of the ocean that haven't even been discovered yet. There are places that no one has explored in the ocean because they are so deep. Perhaps that's why I love oceans so much because I can relate to them. No matter how deep into the waters I get I'm never deep enough for God to not notice me He sees all those places people have yet to discover. Just like He sees things in us that are pretty deep, things that people and perhaps even ourselves have yet to discover.

I also love how we are reminded that God casts our sins into the ocean. I always like to think of my sin floating way beyond anywhere anyone can see it and getting washed with the cleansing sand and healed with the salt water. I love to think of God being the only one who knows about that and who it even really matters to. God isn't a God who dwells in the depths of our past God dwells on our surface. He wants to bring light and life to us. We are called to need His breath to draw closer to Him. We need to get out of that deep water and start swimming to the surface and getting closer to the light.

If you've ever seen an underwater video or show on discovery channel you can the light gleaming on the water surface. That is exactly what I think of when I think of God. The deeper you go away from God or the surface of the water the darker it becomes. The father away you are the more dangerous it becomes. It's safe to snorkel close to the top and enjoy the beauty He has for us. However if we ever do go too deep we can always know and trust that God will bring us out of the depths and back to Him.

Micah 7:19
You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

No comments: