Sunday, January 9, 2011

Predicting Storms Ahead!



Psalm 18:11-12
11 He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him—
the dark rain clouds of the sky.
12 Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced,
with hailstones and bolts of lightning.

When I was a little girl we took a family hiking trip with some friends. While we were on the trail dark clouds began to form in the sky and it appeared to be the start of a lightening storm. However, instead of turning back we decided to keep moving forward. When it finally starting down pouring and lightening we then decided to turn back.

Sometimes God tries to warn me about things and He allows for me to see an overcast. However, sometimes I deliberately avoid those warnings. Then when I progress forward in life ignoring the warnings and storms come my way I wonder why I didn't run for cover when we had the opportunity.

Have you ever had an overcast on you and God has told you to take cover? Has He told you to stand guarded in your heart... and then BAM that lightening struck and you weren't guarded? I think it's time we learn from those mistakes. I think it's time we start listening to that spiritual weather forecast and using more wisdom in our walks. Take time to notice when things around are getting shady and stay in the light. If you need any prayers you can always come to me. Let's stay safe together away from the storms.

Psalm 91:1
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

No comments: