Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dancing Above the Danger



Psalm 18:19-20
19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.
20 The LORD has dealt with me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.

Have you ever felt overwhelmed in a crowd? Sometimes when I am around a lot of people I need to get pulled out and just breathe. In the midst of a big church full of thousands of people one day I stood worshiping God. Suddenly the people around me disappeared and I was floating on the ceiling dancing with the Holy Spirit waltzing around this big open church. I didn't even think of the thousands below me all I could sense was the presence of a loving God dancing while He swept me off my feet. Then I opened my eyes and wham I was back standing in front of a pew.

When I am in a crowd it's so easy for me to get caught up in worldly thoughts. I start measuring myself according to the world's standards. However, when I remember that I am in the presence of the Holy Spirit my thoughts fade and His thoughts enter. I am no longer downing myself saying I'm not good enough and that no guy will ever love me. I am able to see myself the way He sees me as His! I am loved I am cherished and I'm standing before Him in beautiful white clothes and my face is just shinning with purity and a passion for Him. Suddenly nothing else matters.

So why must I always open my eyes to see what the world has... why can't I live forever in the spiritual realm? Well, a very sweet elder from the church told me once that I see the world and all it's ugliness not to compare it to myself but to pray about it. Well, someone needs to right? I sometimes see things people can't and sometimes instead of praying I snap straight into making a judgment. When I'm around God I can see clearly but when I'm back in my flesh sometimes things are not so clear. That's why it's important for me to watch out where I step... after all it's a world full of landmines. A pastor once said that Psalm 23 does say we are going to walk through the "valley of the shadow of death" but we don't have to fear evil. Just trust God to lead you through the minefield! Put on your godly vision and just stay in His presence. He will lift you up above the danger.

Psalm 15:18-19
18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

No comments: