Monday, February 28, 2011

Down with the DV and Up with the JC



Psalm 18:47-48
47 He is the God who avenges me,
who subdues nations under me,
48 who saves me from my enemies.
You exalted me above my foes;
from a violent man you rescued me.

My best friend worked on a crisis hotline for domestic violence. She also herself has an amazing testimony of great courage and enormous faith in which she "survived" a domestic violence situation. Her ability to overcome such a difficult time in her life and quit smoking and start working out just gives me Holy Spirit goosebumps thinking about it. A year ago this March I almost lost the life of my best friend to domestic violence. I thank God for rescuing her from a violent man. I look forward to standing by her side as she continues to see God avenge her and exalt her above enemy.

If you or someone you love is dealing with a domestic violence situation let's pray and get the help that is needed. This doesn't have to be a road traveled alone because God is a great God who comforts and delivers. All things are possible through Him.

Colossians 3:19 AMP
19Husbands, love your wives [be affectionate and sympathetic with them] and do not be harsh or bitter or resentful toward them.

No comments: