Friday, February 11, 2011

Advancing Against the Enemy




Psalm 18:29-30
29 With your help I can advance against a troop;
with my God I can scale a wall.

30 As for God, his way is perfect:
The LORD’s word is flawless;
he shields all who take refuge in him.

When I was in high school I always avoided anything that had to do with conflict or having to fight against something. For the most part I kept my mouth shut even when people treated me horrible. However, there was a point where I just couldn't take it anymore and when this girl was mocking me in food service class I lost my temper and acted told her off. I can not believe the girl actually told the teacher also. I am so glad my teacher basically told her that I am a sweet girl and I would never do anything like that. There are just some battles we should not enter into ... some are not worth the stress. While sometimes we can not just stand their and be bombed by our enemies. However, we do need to use wisdom we can't just rush into things with anger. When I called one of the girls who was harassing me a swear word it did not make me look good. It did not make anyone like me more if anything it took away from my dignity and righteousness. We need to be slow to speak and quick to listen to God.

God is preparing us for battle and if we act to soon we may just get into a difficult situation. However if we remember that God will protect us no matter what as long as we are humble and obedient than we should see God's best and rejoice in it's victory. Our greatest weapon is spiritual strength and the only way we will get spiritually strong is by reading the word of God (our sword). A weapon in anyone's hand though is not good unless they know how to use it with wisdom.

James 1:18
Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.

No comments: