Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Enemy Lines: Where do You Stand?



Psalms 18:39-40
39 You armed me with strength for battle;
you humbled my adversaries before me.
40 You made my enemies turn their backs in flight,
and I destroyed my foes.

I was recently discussing about how difficult it really is being a Christian in a secular college. How many times I have openly stood up for my faith when Christianity (mainly the bible) was under attack. People don't want you to stick up for the word of God because the word of God is powerful anyone will do anything to push it off or make a big deal to ban it from their presence. People will avoid the truth at all costs even if it means removing friendship. Well, I have experienced that in the past. My dad said that sometimes people don't want to be around people who have Christ seated on their heart because Christ sits in a body that is decomposing flesh.

When we become born again Christians we die to our flesh. People don't want to be around us who are still living in the flesh because that flesh smell is convicting to them. We don't even have to necessarily tell them about our decision to follow Christ they will pick up on it. However, to some the smell of our dead flesh is pleasing. Our lives as a sacrifice to God is pleasing to Him. Others around us who are totally alive in Christ can also rejoice with us realizing we are now alive in Christ as His body as well.

Being a Christian is a sure way to win some and lose some. It is not easy losing my best friend since first grade. I still pray for her. I don't understand sometimes why people are so turned off from Christians who are totally on fire. It isn't something I would chose to stop either. I would never change myself for the whole world to accept me. I just need to press on serving Him and remember He is the one I owe my life and everything in it to. He is the one I chose to serve for eternity. If people have a problem with me I suppose that's a good thing if I am certain that I am serving Christ and I am not going against the word of God in any way.

However, we need to realize which side we are fighting on. We can't have one foot in the world and one foot in Christ. We are either all in or all out. God knows when we are truly dedicated to serving Him. He sees our hearts and our motives. So we need to be for Him not against Him because I don't know about you but ... I do not want to be on the side God fighting against.

Mark 8:36
And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?

No comments: