Sunday, February 6, 2011

Growing out of Guilt




Psalm 18:21-22
For I have kept the ways of the LORD;
I am not guilty of turning from my God.
22 All his laws are before me;
I have not turned away from his decrees.

Guilt is something that can really destroy you from the inside out. However, confidence can be found in Christ. I am no longer having so many guilt complexes about my past because I am realizing I am a new creation created in Christ Jesus and He is setting me on the right path. Life feels great on the right path. Although life obviously still has trials and tribulations to overcome ... the peace of being on the path of Christ is comforting and fills me with joy.

I am not going to lie, I am human I experience temptation... and wow, how do I? :) I used to deal with soooo much guilt every time I'd slide into it. I knew that wasn't who Christ wanted me to be. I quickly rebuked the temptation and repented for any ways I slipped... and you know something? NOW I am getting stronger! Now I am able to face temptation straight in the eye and say good bye old sinful past I'm done with you and you no longer hold me captive. I am able to hold my head high... why? I overcame temptation and I stuck with the path of righteousness. Feels really great!

I have some girlfriends who always talk about their past and things they've done and how it's negatively affected who they are today. I will tell you what I told them! You are no longer that person... sometimes we need to learn things or go through things to make us into the person we are now. That's not a bad thing the important thing is you learned! Now it's time to grow with that new understanding and soar with wings spread out. So say goodbye guilt and enjoy the path of godliness!

Psalm 51:10-12
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

No comments: