Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Training Time!




Psalm 18:33-34
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he causes me to stand on the heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Today my Christian colleague was telling me how she spent her weekend working out. She wasn't trying to loose weight she was trying to build strength. She had worked out so much that her body was hurting because it was still healing to get stronger.

We need to remember also that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit and we should do anything we can to train ourselves to be stronger in the Holy Spirit. God helps us prepare for battle but ultimately it is up to us to go through that training process. Sometimes it may be hard to force feed that word of God into our systems and meditate on it. Sometimes it may be hard to remember to pray continuously. However, through perseverance we will become stronger and we will be able to be prepared for battle. We will be able to feel like our feet as light as a deers and be joyful and at peace.

When we train ourselves using God's word He will guide our hands to help us point our arrows in the right direction. Sometimes it's easy to rush into battle especially with our tongues but the wisdom we receive from the word of God helps us to chose which battles to fight. If we fight every battle that comes our way we will have many enemies and little energy. Sometimes the best way to fight is with kindness and that's what the word of God teaches also.

Being a professional is not easy. Throughout my work day I have many occurrences that will try my patience and test my attitude. Sometimes I slip and let my attitude get control of my tongue. Today when I was complaining about something one of my coworkers suggested I approach the situation in love and change my attitude so that the other person involved would have their attitude shift as well. I couldn't believe that I didn't think of that after reading scriptures about how much it's better to give than receive and to bless people who persecute us. It also tells us in the bible that wise people accept criticism with a good attitude. The bible has a lot of useful scriptures that help equip us for battle and if I let God guide my arrows I will not shoot off fire balls when it isn't necessary.

So today let's pray together for God's wisdom and guidance so that we will be well equipped for the trials and tribulations we will face ahead.

Proverbs 9:8-9
8 Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you;
rebuke the wise and they will love you.
9 Instruct the wise and they will be wiser still;
teach the righteous and they will add to their learning.

No comments: