Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Don't be a Dummy; Do What God Says!



Psalm 19:11-12
11 By them your servant is warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.
12 But who can discern their own errors?
Forgive my hidden faults.

I was a little annoyed a few weeks ago because I had to take a CPR course for work. I was looking all over for just an "infant" CPR so I wouldn't have to retake the child one. I went to class finally thinking well, I will just renew my certificate now instead of in August. Reluctantly I got up super early on a Saturday morning and dragged myself to class. When I got there the instructor did say we were not going to be there all day, I was relieved... and then, he said we are going to learn "more" than what we paid for. Now I'm sure most people would love a free education however, I really felt like I wanted to just do all I could to get by. Not only did I leave the class with my CPR in infants and children but also in adults and the AED. God only knows where He has me going with this.

Sometimes we try to fight what God wants to teach us. Sometimes as Christian's we do everything we can do to just get by. However, when we are obedient or even sometimes when we are not God will teach us things that we may need at some point somewhere down the road. Our faults and our mistakes we make do teach us about life. If we were perfect there would be no room to grow. If we went into everything willingly we would probably avoid a lot of roads we don't want to go down that God has planned for us. It's hard to see things God's way but luckily... we shouldn't have to we need to just learn to trust Him even when we can't see, after all, isn't that what faith is?

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight

No comments: