Friday, March 4, 2011

Truth Time!




Proverbs 19:5-6
5 A false witness will not go unpunished,
and whoever pours out lies will not go free.
6 Many curry favor with a ruler,
and everyone is the friend of one who gives gifts.

It's so easy to get angry when people start telling lies about us to other people. It's so easy to feel hurt when people are judging you without even taking time to get to know you. It's also so easy to be controlled in your emotions toward those people in hurt to lash out and hurt back. Isn't it pointless though to hurt others when you are hurt? Does it prove anything? If anything it just destroys your relationship and anything that God is going to be glorified for.

I've been being easily led by my emotions lately. It's not really hard to do when we are women especially around "the time of month". Well, I've been going through a spiritual war field lately. I am getting easily offended because I am always on my guard. It's no mystery that I've been hurt a lot in the past by people I have loved and trusted. I did forgive them yes and it did help me to heal however, I'm still healing and I'm very sensitive to others opinions. I myself know these are strongholds that I need to deal with. However, I'm also the first person to tell you this ministry is not lead by a perfect person but a person who has persevered through trials and is trying to glorify God in anyway she can.

I learned I need to be careful myself not to become a false judge of others. I really can't prejudge what others think of me without hearing their side. Learning to just trust God more and stay in the word is important for that. God's word keeps me hearing God more clearly. It also helps me to see the truth for what it is.

John 14:6
Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

No comments: