Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tune In To God



Psalm 66:17-18
17 I cried out to him with my mouth;
his praise was on my tongue.
18 If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened;
How often I used to think that God was not listening to me. No matter how I prayed I felt He didn't answer me. Then when I came to realize all the times I've done the same to Him I felt ashamed. Why do I expect God to listen to me constantly complaining... constantly asking Him for things with an amen at the end? I don't listen to Him sometimes when He tells me not to do something sometimes I do it anyway. There were times that I've secretively lived in the midst of the miry clay and when I called out to God I could not hear His voice I could not even know that He heard mine. However He held on tight no matter how deep I sank. I wonder how many other girls have cried out to God while they were living in sin and wondered why God wasn't listening? When we get our hearts right with God ... we will feel God closer and hear Him more clearly. We are really the ones with the head phones on listening to what the world wants us to hear what they think is okay to do. We need to switch channels and listen to His will in our lives... even if it means changing things we have been avoiding removing from our lives because we think they make us feel good.

Time to tune in to God's word and focus on it so that when we face the world we will stay firm in the truth. Let the things you listen to be the right things. Let the choices you make be the right choices. May you hear God more clearly now that you are tuned in.

Matthew 6:33 AMP
33But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.

No comments: