Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Through the Darkness



Psalm 66:11-12
11 You brought us into prison
and laid burdens on our backs.
12 You let people ride over our heads;
we went through fire and water,
but you brought us to a place of abundance.

It seems that I had a day today that I thought I would never get through. I felt that God was trying to teach me resilience and appreciation ... and I think I finally learned. When I found out I lost a close friend from high school... and when I felt like no jobs are out there for me right now it was so hard to see hope. It was so hard to not take on that victim mentality that Satan tries to play on us. I even let it gloom the time I got to spend with my boyfriend. The few precious moments we have in life should not be wasted in a pity party or in a victims attitude.

Yesterday my best friend was reminding me we aren't victims we are survivors. We need to really seriously stop dwelling on our past and start putting our eyes on our future realizing there is a light ahead no matter how dim it may seem now. God has a plan and even when it feels like we are walking through the valley of the shadow of death, God is with us! He walks with us and comforts us through every trial we go through.

Keep believing that there is hope and keep holding your head high. Realize when we are at our weakest God is still strong. When we can hardly speak we can still call on Him. He will bring us to those green pastures and lead us beside still waters. He will bring us "through" so keep moving forward.

Psalm 23:4
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

No comments: