Monday, March 7, 2011

Love Yourself



Psalm 9:9-10
9 The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever.
The decrees of the LORD are firm,
and all of them are righteous.

10 They are more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the honeycomb.

The bible says how a woman who fears the Lord is worthy of praise. When we see the reflection of "reverence" for God in a women's life it is the most beautiful thing. Even more beautiful then supermodels with their fake air brushed makeup and their graphically touched up pictures. When we love God with all of our hearts in a pure way it shines right through us and creates an overwhelming sense of feminine beauty that no Seventeen Magazine can direct us on how to achieve.

I have had issues with my self image because of my Italian and Danish ancestors and the prominent unwanted facial hair. I am not very fond of hair on unwanted parts of my body. When one of my students today asked me why I have hair on my body ... I explained that everyone is different and some people just have hair on their body. I had to really bite my tongue about complaining how God made me that way. Then on the way home from work I saw a man who had Cerebral Palsy he walked with a limp and I felt so bad for him. My dad reminded me that the guy was probably happy to be alive. I felt ashamed for wishing sometimes that I was never born with this genetic unwanted hair. I have had my life almost taken from me on several occasions and I should be glad to have it. I should be happy in the way that God made me no matter what. What we need to remember sometimes is beauty is skin deep.

In whatever manner you feel that you are not beautiful enough remember that God created you to be beautiful. He made you to be fearfully and wonderfully made. Keep pure and your beauty will radiant from the inside out.

"Remember that when you look in the mirror it is okay to admire God's creation as long as you are admiring God's creation the way He made you giving Him glory" (Johnny)

1 Peter 3:2-5
3 Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. 4 You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. 5 This is how the holy women of old made themselves beautiful. They trusted God and accepted the authority of their husbands.

No comments: