Saturday, March 19, 2011

God Makes a Way!



Psalm 66:5-6
5 Come and see what God has done,
his awesome deeds for mankind!
6 He turned the sea into dry land,
they passed through the waters on foot—
come, let us rejoice in him.

Yesterday I went to the beach with my best friend for some much needed girl time. The tide was so low and the sand was rippled. The water was so clear that from the pier you could see if there was any fish or anything. At this beach there is a rock formation that you can only walk out to if the tide is low. The rock was very crowded yesterday with all sorts of people and dogs :) It made me realize that that rock formation was like my calling, my dream, something I wished to reach. However, I only could do that during the right season and during the right time. I wasn't in control of whether or not I would be able to reach the rock or not God was. It all depended on Him making the way for me.

If I tried to reach the rock by myself with my own power I would not know what was beneath the murky water. It would have been far more dangerous. I might have even gotten sucked into with a current. It is much wiser to wait until the tide goes out. It is much safer to realize that He is in control not me.

As I was talking to my friend on the pier a man dressed in business clothing was standing by. He was listening as my friend and I talked about God's plan for our lives and how He has it all in His hands and we shouldn't worry. That God will lead us when it's His timing. Just then the man interrupted us and asked for directions. Then he said thank you and you are right God will work it all out for you. My friend was so shocked because she rarely sees God work like that in her life. We both giggled and suggested that perhaps he was a messenger from God to bring us hope.

As we were walking back to the parking lot just as I looked up into the sky and saw two clouds that looked like one cloud had been parted with a blue path I screamed "God where do you want me to go? WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO NOW?" Just then my friend got a "Hi Steph" from a couple on the bench with a cute bischon named Wilbur. because of the impecable timing of this event I was very curious to who these people were. Well, it was the pastor of the Whitney Avenue Church of Christ and his wife. While my best friend sat and talked about her life goals with the pastor... I sat with his wife and doted on the doggy. Just then she asked me what do I do. I was very brief and said well I was teaching I just got fired today actually. That lady was so encouraging with her words and wisdom stating how I have to keep moving on and realize God does have a plan. I opened up with her about feeling called toward missions and she suggested starting missions right here in Connecticut. She also started talking to me about Honduras. It was just an amazing moment I will never forget. Like the clouds in the sky that were parted I "know" God will make a way for me. I know He has plans.

Isaiah 43:16-19
18 “Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.

No comments: