Monday, December 6, 2010

Beauty is in the Eyes of the Beholder



Psalm 45:9-11
9 Daughters of kings are among your honored women;
at your right hand is the royal bride in gold of Ophir.

10 Listen, daughter, and pay careful attention:
Forget your people and your father’s house.
11 Let the king be enthralled by your beauty;
honor him, for he is your lord.

God looks at you as His beautiful creation. He created you to be His bride. He wants you to honor Him. By honoring God we become more beautiful in His eyes. We might wake up some days and feel like we have the worst hair day or our face is broken out. We do not feel beautiful. God doesn't see our outward beauty. He sees the beauty of your heart and your actions.

When I realized how God saw me as beautiful He opened my heart to love myself more. The more I saw myself the way God did... forgiven, cleansed, purified, beautiful. The more others saw me as beautiful as well. It's really something when my heart reflects the beauty of my Creator.

The next time you compare yourself to worldly beauty remember... the bible says not to compare ourselves. It also says don't conform ourselves to patterns of the world... instead be transformed through the renewing of your mind.

One of my favorite symbols of beauty is a butterfly. When I think of my walk with God I started off low to the ground (the world) like a caterpillar. I was not very beautiful but the more I munched on the word of God the more I grew. Until I meditated on it I formed a chrysalis in God's presence. While I rested in the presence of God I transformed into something beautiful. Until He was ready for me to burst out and show the wonderful gifts He gave me. However, even as butterflies in the wild... my wings were not strong immediately. I had to rest in the protection of God in order to grow more until I was strong enough to soar. Now I am soaring for Him... for His glory. I am beautiful, I am transformed, I left my old self in that chrysalis and I am now soaring to see what God has planned for my future.

Keep your inner beauty girls.

Proverbs 31:30
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

No comments: