Tuesday, December 14, 2010

In a Pity Pit?



Psalm 103:3-4
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,

I have to admit I wasn't always the happiest, most joyful, person I am today. I had my times where things were a bit depressing. I was in a pit ... a pitty pit. I thought that everything I was going through was the worst I've ever been through. However, God showed me differently. He showed me how that self pity had gotten me into a thick gloppy mess of miserableness. I was sinning in order to get myself out of that gloppy mess of miserableness also. I wasn't even thinking about what God wanted because I was to stuck on myself. I to this day thank God for saving me and forgiving me and rescuing me from that pit of pity. I am thankful to God because when I was depressed no one wanted to be around me. However, God showed me love and compassion. So now when I see others going through some awful times and they thinking everything is the worst thing they can go through I can show them love and compassion and help them climb out of that pity pit and into a nice wellspring of overwhelming joy and peace. The peace that God gives us.

Psalm 40:2 AMP
He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings.

No comments: