Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Flourishing Flowers



Psalm 103:15-16
15 The life of mortals is like grass,
they flourish like a flower of the field;
16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.

A wise counselor once told me that my problems were only temporary. When I get so caught up in worrying about life sometimes I forget that it is temporary. I forget that there is a greater thing waiting for me when my time on earth comes to an end. I feel that I am meant to reveal that life on earth is meant to be enjoyed. My life is meant for me to shine His light and use the spiritual gifts that He has given me. Without using the spiritual gifts and without living for God my life has no significant purpose. However, with those spiritual gifts I can flourish like the flowers of the field. And although the flowers of the field are gone tomorrow the still have the ability to pollinate other flowers or release seeds that will be blown in the wind and carried away to other places to again repeat the process of pollinating and releasing seeds. God calls us to be flowers, although our time on earth is short we are called to reach as many people as we can in that time. If I plant a seed in another they will plant a seed in another person. Sooner or later we will all bloom into something beautiful. It's not about how long my life is... it is about what I've done to make a difference while I lived. So start living today, be a flower! Hold onto His promise and His purpose for your life and realize... our problems are only temporary and so is life so don't let problems consume our lives and let's make the most of life instead!

Isaiah 40:8
" The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God endures forever.”

No comments: