Sunday, December 19, 2010

God's Love is HUGE!



Psalm 103:11-12
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

When I was a little girl I enjoyed laying in the grass and I felt like I could see where the sky would curve. I really believed that the world was round even if I had never seen it. I also really believed that God's love was immense and deep. Not only was God's love for me so great that He had His "only" begotten Son die on the cross to save me from eternal suffering, but He would not hesitate to reach me "anywhere". It was a deep thought for a young child but I really believed that God was real because I felt Him flowing in my heart. I never understood the Holy Spirit until I was older but I knew God's love was something indescribable and unimaginably huge something that could and was suppose to be shared with everyone.

I also felt that it was my calling to be a missionary when I was eight years old. I met my first missionary when I was eight and I was ready to follow them back to Africa where they came from. I told my parents that I wanted to go to Africa and they told me about every danger that lurked over there. I soon realized what fear was and what "limitations" it puts on a person's faith. When I was older my pastor once said "It's more dangerous to be outside of God's will than it is to step out in faith and be in God's will". I realize now that He was talking about anything we are afraid to do for God. Has fear ever kept you from doing something you felt called to do? If God's love is sooooooooo huge it stretches from the earth way up to heaven and His mercy is so incredible it reaches as far as the east is from the west than can't He protect us? So often I put God in a box. I do realize I limit God but I only realize it after I've already said no thanks to His will. When I'm outside God's will I am miserable. When I take that step of faith even though it might not be a comfortable one I realize that God has HIS BEST plan for my life. AND WOW IT'S AWESOME! I can't wait to see what He has in store for me over the next couple years of my life. So the next time someone approaches you and tells you about "how dangerous" it is... take them to God and let Him show them how amazing He is.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

No comments: