Friday, December 31, 2010

Get a Strong Hold!




Psalm 18:1-2
1 I love you, LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Normally when I think of strongholds I think of something that has an authority of my mind, body, and soul. Sometimes strongholds can be not so good... like overeating or even smoking. Sometimes people can have a stronghold of unforgiveness or bitterness. Most of the time strongholds take joy from our lives. When I give things that are not of God authority over my life I wind up feeling drained and depressed sometimes even convicted. However, when I give God authority over my life and allow Him to be my stronghold allow Him to take a strong hold over the situations I face I feel peace, comfort, and overwhelming joy. Whatever our strongholds are God is more powerful than them. We need to remember that He is our strength our fortress, He protects us... He shields us... He provides salvation so we do not need to perish.

Today we all have New Year's resolutions flowing through our heads. Some of us may be even saying to ourselves that we are trying to shake off strongholds in our lives. Perhaps a stronghold of unworthiness or maybe just trying to be more healthy. Whatever our New Year's resolutions are we need to remember that they will fail without allowing God to help us with them. We need to lean on Him for our strength we need to lean on Him to be our shield. GOD has a strong "hold" on your life He is just waiting for you to surrender completely to His will. So this New Year's let's make a resolution to allow God to be our one and only "stronghold".

Happy New Year! I love you all and be safe!

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

No comments: