Thursday, December 23, 2010

Heart of Worship



Psalm 103:19-20
19 The LORD has established his throne in heaven,
and his kingdom rules over all.
20 Praise the LORD, you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his bidding,
who obey his word.

When I think of praising God someday in heaven I always imagine Him seated on the throne and I'm dressed in a beautiful dress. I twirl around and around and the dress just keeps sparkling as I dance before Him. It is almost as if I'm a ballerina but then I am able to float and keep twirling. Usually this vision occurs to me when I get lost in worship and when I open my eyes again I loose my balance because I feel like my feet just touched the floor again. I wonder if anyone else feels this way. When my grandma died everyone told me that he was in heaven singing for God. My grandpa loved to sing. I can just imagine him sometimes in God's presence singing and worshiping the one he lived all his life for. I just get an overwhelming sense of adoration when I think of being in the presence of God and I'm at the foot of His throne. I can't imagine what it will be like to be free from all the affliction and oppression of earthly things and to be able to freely worship Him. I wouldn't doubt that I'd be able to float as I danced because I would feel so happy there would be nothing able to keep me down. For once everyday would be filled with just praise and adoring the one I love and the one I'm living my life for.
On earth we try to praise God but sometimes our earthly bodies are burdened with stress and maybe even sickness or handicap that keep us from worshiping in our fullest. However, if you close your eyes with me sometime and just allow the worship music to play, enter into His presence with thanks giving then realize how free and amazing it can be worshiping Him without those burdens.

Psalm 100:4
Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.

No comments: