Monday, December 20, 2010

Gust and Dust




Psalm 103:13-14
13 As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;
14 for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.

I am basically nothing but "dirt" without His breath of life in me. He had enough compassion for me to die for me. When my earthly flesh gets a hold on me and I sin I am forgiven because He sent Jesus to die for me... someone who is merely dirt with the breath of God which makes me come alive.
It is interesting that dandruff resembles dust. When my body flakes off old skin it basically forms dust that floats and settles somewhere. It might be distributing for you to think about but it is very interesting to me. At a funeral they say "ashes to ashes and dust to dust". When I get buried my flesh will be worm food basically. Without that breathe that God put into me (my spirit) I am just dust. When I die my flesh wont live on but my spirit will.
I know you are probably saying well I wasn't formed from dust I was formed in my mother's womb or woman was formed from Adam's rib. Well think about it, no matter where you came from that person came from Adam and Adam was made from dust. It is something very humbling. What would you be today if not for God?

Genesis 2:7
7Then the Lord God formed man from the [a]dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath or spirit of life, and man became a living being.

No comments: