Saturday, December 18, 2010

Keep Your Stupid Stone



Psalm 103:9-10
9 He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;
10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.

Wow! Am I happy that God does not treat me like I deserve because of my sins. I've made a lot of mistakes in life and I have been shown a lot of mercy from God. I'm very lucky to be in the place I am right now. There were times in my life where people tried to shoot me down or persecute me. Some people spit on me and mocked me. I had to deal with judgment from church members. I didn't always live a pure, godly, dignified lifestyle either. I am very thankful to God for His mercy and not giving the punishment I deserved.

Another woman in the bible felt this way also. As a woman myself I always wondered about the woman in John chapter eight. I wanted to know where was the man during this all? He was just as guilty as she was for the adultery and yet he was not being stoned. I am very thankful that God intercedes and "draws the line". I am grateful that His judgment is the only one that truly matters. I am sure this woman felt as thankful as I am today. I hope that she went on to live a happy guilt free life and finally met the man of her dreams who would treat her like the jewel God created her to be, polished, cleansed, and glimmering with the glory of God.

John 8
1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

God has mercy for you also. If you have ever done anything where others have cast stones of judgment or hypocrisy at you please share your story. I will pray that God helps you to realize that they should not be casting stones. Realize that God forgives and cleanses and erases "anything" with the blood of Jesus.

Be blessed!

No comments: