Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oppression Suppression



Psalm 103:5-6 AMP
5 Who satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle's [strong, overcoming, soaring]!6The Lord executes righteousness and justice [not for me only, but] for all who are oppressed.

Have you ever felt so oppressed it weighs you down? Sometimes some winter days it is so very difficult to get out of bed knowing that the day ahead may not be easy. God has to feed us that strength and courage to get through. Some days I lay there and stare at the ceiling and say "God okay I'm going to move my leg now ... we can do this together I know You will give me the strength to stand". I literally have to move my body inch by inch sometimes trusting that God will just get me to where He needs me.

If you've ever watched the movie The Princess Bride there is a scene where Wesley is completely paralyzed and could only speak. That is what oppression is like sometimes. Sometimes the only strength we have our our words. We need to learn to use our words wisely. We need to speak verses of promise over our situation. We need to pray in tongues. We need to tell Satan who REALLY reigns in our life. Remind Satan who already conquered the world. God will give you the strength He will get you through.

We can do it! Step by step one LEAP of faith at a time. Overcome that oppression and spread your wings and soar. Accept those blessings waiting for you beyond the clouds. Take new challenges and trust in God.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

No comments: