Monday, November 15, 2010

Are You Lonesome Tonight?



Psalm 25:15-16
15My eyes are ever toward the Lord, for He will pluck my feet out of the net.
16[Lord] turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.

Ever feel lonely even when you are in a crowd full of people? I have! I've even felt lonely when I was in a relationship with someone. Sometimes there is an emptiness inside of us that can not be filled with humans. Sometimes it takes a big God to fill a big void. The great thing about turning our eyes on the Lord is He never turns His back on us. When we are lonely and need someone to listen and love us He is there! We may feel from time to time that we will never find "true love". The truth is we already have. God is love! Jesus Christ showed His love for us by dying for us. Who do you know that would be willing to give their lives for millions of people they have never even met before? He even died for people that "no one" talks to. If you are one of those people that feels alone... invite Jesus in to keep you company. He takes away your pain and gives you JOY! OVERFLOWING!

Try it! I'm praying for you chin up and look up to the Lord!

Isaiah 40:26 Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.

No comments: