Friday, November 26, 2010

A Sure Sign



Psalm 121: 7-8
7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

A couple months ago I was down in North Carolina visiting family for my dad and my aunt's birthday. We had an amazing time but half way down we were faced with a problem. The ABS, cruise control, and several other things in the Jeep started malfunctioning. My dad was "not" happy. Sometimes when my dad gets upset about things not only does his "spirit" get heavy but his foot does also. Well, we were going down a hill and my dad stepped on his breaks. On the sides of the road were ditches. The tires screeched and the car skidded fast. I was grabbing onto anything I could for dear life. We just stopped right in front of a sign. A sign that said "Jesus Saves". WOW was my family thankful for that reminder. Even when we are foolish and maybe even get an attitude with God He still rescues us He still watches over us and keeps us safe. He loved us so much He sent His Son to die for us. If He loved us that much why wouldn't you expect Him to do "anything" to keep you safe. This is "your" sign and it's a big one. God loves you! He wants to show you He can keep you safe. No matter what way your foot slips He will keep you from falling if you just lean on Him.

Psalm 66:9
Our lives are in his hands, and he keeps our feet from stumbling.

No comments: