Monday, November 22, 2010

He's Watching You



Psalm 121
3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

God never sleeps... even when we sleep He watches over us. He never shuts His eyes or turns His back on us. Perhaps that might seem a bit creepy to you. Perhaps you would like a little privacy now and then. Well, what would you do that you wouldn't do in the open. When I think about my life being an "open book" I think well I need the accountability. If I live my life like someone is watching I know to stay out of trouble. It's when we try to hide ourselves and our actions that we get into trouble. We need to keep in the light and not stumble in the darkness. When we keep things where people can see them we have nothing to be ashamed of. No one can hold false things against us because there is always someone who is a witness. God is your witness all the time He sees what you do. Someday we will be accountable for our actions. Will God like how we lived our lives?

Think about it... is there anything today that you need to confess something maybe you do not want God or others to see? All it takes is repentance. When I repented things I kept in the dark I felt so free and light afterward. Don't stay stumbling pick yourself up and follow Him.

John 12:46
I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

No comments: