Monday, November 1, 2010

Armed Angels



Psalm 91:11-12
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone
It was a dark and cold autumn night and it was really down pouring. My friend and I were driving back from a meeting at our church. I felt like the night would never end we were literally driving 20 mph and could barely see the lines in the road. My friend kept freaking out and I kept reassuring her that God was protecting us. We couldn't stay where we were because the storm was suppose to get worse. We just let Jesus take the wheel and white knuckled all the way back to her boyfriends house. When we got to her boyfriends house I was kissing ground. I realized I was "not" a good driver... but she did "not" have any confidence driving either. We were sneaking through five towns and a couple cities with our hazard lights on just praying. We got back safe though. We both thanked God for the hairy chested angels... because there was no way we would have made it home alive without them. People weren't even driving on their side of the road. I believe in angels. I believe that God protects us. I believe also that the angels fight with the demons.

This Present Darkness is one of my favorite books because it describes things I've been through. However it opens the readers eyes to the spiritual supernatural things that we don't always see. There are angels that get strength by Christians preaching, evangelizing, and praying. The demons "hate" when people pray... even non-Christians. Another thing in this book was that angels showed themselves as humans to people to encourage them or protect them. I do not know if angels ever do appear as humans but sometimes it makes you wonder. If you've ever read Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul people have some pretty amazing testimonies about angels.

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." (Hebrews 13:2)

No comments: