Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hope All Day



Psalm 23:5-6 (In loving memory of Grandpa Smith)
5 Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
6 Remember, LORD, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old.

My hope is in You all day long. Well this morning I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I was cranky I think I yelled at anything that moved. I did not like what God had blessed me with. I was not grateful for the cold autumn day that so many admire the color of the leaves in. I was not grateful for a chance to learn how to be the world's best teacher. I wasn't grateful for much. All I wanted was sunshine, rainbows, and butterflies. So I decided to throw myself a pity party. Thank GOD He is merciful and loves us even when we are not appreciative of how wonderful He is.

So what exactly happened? God kind of proved my bad attitude wrong. I woke up cranky knowing I would have to be at the school from 8 to 8. I also knew I would have to go to a staff meeting. All I really wanted to do was stay in bed until summer. But I honored God today and I went to school. And guess what? I got to go home earlier. Talk about great mercy and love. My hope really was in Him all day long also. I know God loves me He always works everything out for good. I also know that when I'm cranky God always makes things better somehow. I have hope in Him even in storms. I think it's a requirement for life.

Isaiah 40:31
But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

No comments: