Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sword Fighting



Psalm 45:3-4
3 O warrior, strap your sword to your side
with your splendor and majesty.
4 Ride on victoriously in your majesty
for the cause of truth, humility, and righteousness.
Let your right hand teach you awe-inspiring things.

God has soooo many awe-inspiring things to show us in life. We are blessed to be able to ride in the presence of His Majesty victoriously. However in order for us to fully receive those blessings and those awe-inspiring things, we need to live truthful, humble, and righteous lifestyles. In order to do this we need to know how. The best way to learn how to live a right life with Christ is to read His word. By strapping ourselves with the word of God and taking up the Sword of Truth we can separate truth from lies. Satan is always trying to trick us into thinking a certain way or believing in something that is not of God. Sometime Satan even uses our friends or loved ones to get us to question God's will. Well, it is much easier to discern what awe-inspiring things God has for your life when you stay in His word.

Today I had a pretty rough day I was faced with some choices to make about how I would respond to stressful things. I had the opportunity to have a very negative attitude. However, I know the bible tells us to be humble and live righteously. I prayed to God and asked my boyfriend to pray for me as well. I really needed help from God to get through my day. He got me through I was able to act the right way and not let my feelings control what attitude I took. I was allowing God to control my attitude instead. Being in God's word is INCREDIBLY important. I call myself a Christ follower and I need to show people that I know what choices to make. My actions reflect the King of kings that is seated on the throne of my heart. In ALL things I need to honor Him. That is why I have my sword.

You can know your word too! Start by memorizing some key scriptures. I hope this blog will help you to have your sword ready as well!

Keep Fighting!

Micah 6:8
You mortals, the LORD has told you what is good. This is what the LORD requires from you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to live humbly with your God.

No comments: