Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Feeling Burnt?



Psalm 121
5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

God is our protector. Think about a hot summer day when you went to the beach. What did you need? Did you need sunscreen? I wear this big pink hat with a big white flower on it. It's sort of become a trademark where I used to work. However, I don't wear it to look cute or goofy. I wear it because if I don't I get fried by the overwhelming rays of the sun. Well, sometimes things in life can be a bit overwhelming also. God is there with his hand shading us and protecting us. He's making sure no harm comes to us so we can rest assured and put our hope and trust in Him. If you are like me and can only use sunblock that is for babies because you are very sensitive... rest assure God knows exactly how sensitive you are because He created you. He made you the way you are and He will not let harm come to something He created with a purpose.

How can we make sure we are protected so we don't "burn"? Well, study God's word. No I mean really study it don't just read it... breathe live eat it. Also make sure you pray. Pray in tongues! Keep praying until something amazing happens. AND HAVE FAITH! Even when things happen that you didn't expect. God DOES have a plan for everything you may not see it right away but it's there. Trust Him and know that you are protected and able to go out there and start shimmering and showing people His love.

Psalm 18:2
2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

No comments: