Monday, November 8, 2010

Say Bye to Shame



Psalm 25 (In loving memory of Grandpa Smith)
3 No one who hopes in you
will ever be put to shame,
but shame will come on those
who are treacherous without cause.

4 Show me your ways, LORD,
teach me your paths.

I'm sure we've all had moments where we feel like we just did something totally dumb and wish that we could go back and fix it. Perhaps we get so caught up in the shame that we get sick. I know I have done things in my past that have consume me with shame; maybe it was something I said to someone or something I did that wasn't respecting my parents. My friends always tell me that I can't live tied to the mistakes I've made in my past. Our identity is in Christ. In Christ we are a new creation old is gone all things are made new. When we have confessed our sins God forgives us. God does "not" hold shame over our heads. Shame isn't for those who "truly" seek to please God in "every" area of their lives. Now I'm not saying that God doesn't "convict" us when He knows we are doing something that doesn't "honor" Him. However, God does forgive us when we realize our flesh snagged us and we "turn it around" to glorify Him.

Harsh love: you "will" live in /shame/ if you live in /sin/.

Nevertheless, we have to pray for God to direct our paths and teach us "His" way so we don't get snagged by the thorns. Stay in His word and pray fervently that is the way to stay out of our flesh.

If you need prayer for anything... I will pray with you. I am "human" I have sinned and I felt shame before. I gave my shame to God and it was like a heavy burden was lifted off of me. I pray that you too will experience the freedom and peace that repentance offers.

Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who don't walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

No comments: