Sunday, November 14, 2010

Inspiring Israel: Be God's Chosen



Psalm 25:13-14
13 They will spend their days in prosperity,
and their descendants will inherit the land.
14 The LORD confides in those who fear him;
he makes his covenant known to them.

Many of you know that I've been studying so much lately for tests to get my teaching certification so I can teach anywhere. Well, in the midst of celebrating two were over and then resting afterward I totally forgot about our woman of the week yesterday. I will make it up to you by doing two women of the week this week. Today's woman of the week will be Israel. I'm sure you all realize that Israel is not a woman... but the bible addresses Israel in Isaiah 54 as the bride of the Lord. When I read our scripture for today above I thought of Israel. Yes, God was speaking to the nation of Israel but I believe that what He says also speaks to us, especially us women.

The scripture is a big sandwich to swallow all in one blog so I'm going to pull out the sandwich apart like little kids do.

First let's go to these scriptures:
2Enlarge the place of your tent, and let the curtains of your habitations be stretched out; spare not; lengthen your cords and strengthen your stakes, 3For you will spread abroad to the right hand and to the left; and your offspring will possess the nations and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.

In Psalms 25:13 it talks about prosperity in the land. I like this scripture because it talks about Israel as being a mother with a big house. Not only does it talk about Israel being a mother but God is telling her "spare not". Mothers "spare not" for their children. My mother always trusted that God would be her provider and she never spared anything even until this day she always gives her children what they need. She doesn't fear because she realizes that God is in control and He provides. We need to realize that even if our husbands on earth do not bring enough bacon home that ultimately God is the bacon provider and He will get you through.

So let's read on:
4Fear not, for you shall not be ashamed; neither be confounded and depressed, for you shall not be put to shame. For you shall forget the shame of your youth, and you shall not [seriously] remember the reproach of your widowhood any more. 5For your Maker is your Husband--the Lord of hosts is His name--and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; the God of the whole earth He is called.

God wants to be our husbands He knows our past. He loves us and has called us out of fear and redeemed us. So we place our fear in Him and He in return makes His covenant known to us (Psalm 25:14). You all remember Ruth right? If you don't go back and read that blog again. Ruth was a widow she didn't fear because she placed her trust in God. She feared God though so she obeyed His instruction and did what He wanted her to do. In the end? She was completely blessed and followed His covenant. That is what we are to do also, completely trust God, obey Him, and follow His covenant (which the New Testament says is Jesus).

Okay ready to read on? This get's deep even for me:
6For the Lord has called you like a woman forsaken, grieved in spirit, and heartsore--even a wife [wooed and won] in youth, when she is [later] refused and scorned, says your God. 7For a brief moment I forsook you, but with great compassion and mercy I will gather you [to Me] again. 8In a little burst of wrath I hid My face from you for a moment, but with age-enduring love and kindness I will have compassion and mercy on you, says the Lord, your Redeemer. 9For this is like the days of Noah to Me; as I swore that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so have I sworn that I will not be angry with you or rebuke you. 10For though the mountains should depart and the hills be shaken or removed, yet My love and kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall My covenant of peace and completeness be removed, says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.11 O you afflicted [city], storm-tossed and not comforted, behold, I will set your stones in fair colors [in antimony to enhance their brilliance] and lay your foundations with sapphires.

Have you ever felt like there are just some tribulations in life that you have faced and you feel, how could God let this happen to me? Well there is your answer right there! His love and kindness will not depart from us that we "had" to go through all that maybe even to realize that He showed mercy on us and compassion. He picks us up when others have forsaken us. He rebuilds our hope and our value. He rebuilds our foundations and lays them with "sapphires" (funny that's my birthstone). God loves us and He wants us to know that without Him as our foundation we "are" going to crumble. We need Him just like Israel needed Him to be prosperous with a purpose.

Keep reading it only gets better:

12And I will make your windows and pinnacles of [sparkling] agates or rubies, and your gates of [shining] carbuncles, and all your walls [of your enclosures] of precious stones. 13And all your [spiritual] children shall be disciples [taught by the Lord and obedient to His will], and great shall be the peace and undisturbed composure of your children. 14You shall establish yourself in righteousness (rightness, in conformity with God's will and order): you shall be far from even the thought of oppression or destruction, for you shall not fear, and from terror, for it shall not come near you.

People say the eyes are the window to the soul. Are your eyes sparkling with the Holy Spirit? He made you more precious than rubies... your soul reflects that beauty. Reading on, who doesn't want their children to grow up to be great disciples? The bible says that if you raise a child in the way they should go they will not part from it. I am a living example of that. I have grown up in a family where they raised me to be a disciple and someday I will be blessed with my own family and I will raise them as disciples it's a very strong calling and we women know we can do it!

What next? He keeps us far from fear, terror, destruction, and oppression... I can get used to feeling secure in God can you?

15Behold, they may gather together and stir up strife, but it is not from Me. Whoever stirs up strife against you shall fall and surrender to you. 16Behold, I have created the smith who blows on the fire of coals and who produces a weapon for its purpose; and I have created the devastator to destroy. 17But no weapon that is formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall show to be in the wrong. This [peace, righteousness, security, triumph over opposition] is the heritage of the servants of the Lord [those in whom the ideal Servant of the Lord is reproduced]; this is the righteousness or the vindication which they obtain from Me [this is that which I impart to them as their justification], says the Lord.

A friend of mine is a female scientist and she is going through a really rough time in her work environment. She had to put up with a world that says women aren't meant to be in the position she is in. They don't let her talk. She's struggling to find voice in this place. However, here is something that says there is "no" weapon against us that will prosper. God is our vindication. It takes a might woman to stand up in a world that is not "cut out" for them. God must have a strong purpose in their life. God has a strong purpose in your life also. Realize today that just like Israel He loves you! He wants to be "your Husband". He wants you to raise His children to follow Him. He banishes all shame and fear from you! He laid precious jewels at your foundation which is in Him! Keep gleaming and believing you are worthy! I love you all!

P.S. BTW when I went to go post this my browser crashed but thanks to God! It was still there when I restored it! Seee!!! No weapon formed against us will prosper!

No comments: