Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lacking Lately Ladies?

Psalms 139:5-6
5 You go before me and follow me.

You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand!

Today I am going to do our woman of the week because tomorrow I will be busy hosting the potluck praise party. Continuing our chapter Psalms 139, we see today that God places his hand of blessing on our heads. Has anyone here ever felt like they just NEEDED God to touch them and receive that blessing from God? Well this woman went through a struggle. She longed to just receive a blessing from God to heal her. Let's read on;

Luke 8

As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him. 43And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. 44She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.

45"Who touched me?" Jesus asked.
When they all denied it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you."

46But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me."

47Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. 48Then he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace."

So who are we?

We are daughters of the King of Kings! We are princesses and our Prince Charming is Jesus Christ! We are complete!!! WE LACK NOTHING through Him!

James 1

2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Feeling encouraged yet? Just remember that we are all going through trials we are all going through tests of faith. We all must develop perseverance! God is molding us so we can believe as women that we lack nothing!

I have been in many situations where I have asked my mother’s advice time and time again and I’ve cried on her shoulder so many tears because I felt so “lacking”. Let’s see what we have told ourselves we’ve lacked?

- A good husband? --- we have God! –

Isaiah 54:5

5 For your Maker is your husband—
the LORD Almighty is his name—
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
he is called the God of all the earth.

- A beautiful body?!? --- we are beautiful on the inside because we our God’s!

1 Peter 3-4

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

- so are we worthless? – no because we have great worth in God’s sight

What are we lacking?

The woman who had the issue of blood probably went to all the doctors and yet no one was able to heal her. She probably felt worthless, exhausted, unloved… she probably just wanted to be healed so she can live a life and stop lacking… lacking energy? Lacking a good mood… lacking health… However even she knew the only way that she could be made complete was through Christ!

No comments: