Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wake Up it's Morning :)


Psalm 139:7-8
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

Everyone has heard the story of Adam and Eve I'm sure. Eve and Adam ate the forbidden fruit and became naked. They tried to hide from God but it was hopeless because God always sees us. He knows everything we do He never leaves our presence. He watches over the just and the unjust.

When I was little and I did something naughty that I knew I would be spanked for I hid from my parents. We do this a lot with God also. When we are living in a life of sin we tend to ignore that God exists so we don't feel the conviction. Most of the time when we are living in darkness we like to hide in the dark. Rarely will you get a Christian who "knows" they haven't been living their all for Christ who "wants" to go to a Christian event. The fear of God is okay... we should fear God. However, we need to realize that there "are" actions for our consequences and that God only makes rules because He loves us and wants to keep us from getting hurt.

I had a friend who was recently going through so much. She was going from abusive drug addicted sexual boyfriend to abusive drug addicted unloyal sexual boyfriend. Her life was falling apart and she did "not" think it was a problem. Until her boyfriend was arrested for trying to kill her and her eyes were awaken to see the problem. She saw the many bad choices she made. She saw that "before" when she was walking in the light she was a much happier person. She had a family that loved her and a church family that loved her. However, because she was living in darkness... she pushed the light away. Thank God she found the light again and now is living her best in the light. She shines her persona is completely changed. Her confidence and esteem has improved as well. It is important for us to go to God broken and bruised. We may have done something naughty and we may still have to take the consequences... but rest assured our Heavenly Daddy will always love us!

Lamentations 3:22-23

22the Lord’s mercy.
We were not completely wiped out.
His compassion is never limited.
23It is new every morning.
His faithfulness is great.

No comments: