Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Strong Tower!


Psalm 91:1-2
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

Today we are beginning Psalm 91. We just ended Psalms 139 taking it two verses at a time and going into real life with it. Today our verses are about God as our shelter and our fortress. It talks about how we can find rest in God. I don't know about "you" but "I" can use some rest. When kings would build kingdoms they would often put big giant walls around the kingdom so that people could rest secured in their own homes. Even today the Great Wall of China still stands a wall big enough to keep China's enemies out... and it stretched for miles. Now that is a lot of protection! However, no matter how "great" China's wall is God can protect us even better. God reaches over our lives everyday to protect us from many things so we can rest in His peace. Sometimes God even tares down walls so that we can live in peace. Nevertheless, we can put our trust in Him to do whatever He needs to do to keep us safe. Think about walls today... do we need God to put up a wall in our life? Do you need to realize that God is your protector and ask Him to put a wall against something harming you in your life? Or perhaps you need Him to tear down a wall that you placed there yourself. He is willing to do whatever it takes to make you safe.

Proverbs 18:10
The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
the righteous run to it and are safe.

No comments: