Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Yoke's on You!



I'm sure you have all heard the scripture "do not become unequally yoked with unbelievers". Well, many of us believe this is referring to choosing your future mate. Yes, it is very important for us to realize that we have to be smart in choosing a good Christian mate who will compliment our gifts that God has blessed us with. Marriage "is" a ministry. However, it is also referring to other relationships we have in our lives. Many of you may have heard the phrase "if you lay down with dogs you will wake up with fleas". Another one that I like to remember is... "if you spend too much time in the dumpster you will smell like trash". When I was in college, I felt a deep oppression. Many of you may remember I was always down. I felt the darkness around me I knew that God did not want me to associate so much with the darkness. That is why I spent most of my time around the campus ministries. I was searching for the light. In a secular college the light is very hard to find. The more I interacted and associated with people who held onto the light the more happier I was. However, when I was in class and sin was being revealed all around me... I saw people slipping into the "very liberal" tolerance that was being taught. I longed to reach out to them and rescue them. Yet, all I could do was pray... and all I felt safe doing was hiding. Soon it became so much that I moved off the sin filled campus and back into my sanctuary. It was as if I had gone to a revival. I was still fighting off the darkness but I was now walking in the light. There are times in our lives when we are faced with situations of darkness. We may feel led into the darkness to try to "rescue" people from the firey pit of hell. It's a danger only meant for those who are well equipped with the armor of God. Demons are out there and they are ready to seek whom they will devour. We have to pray and remember not to associate too closely with the darkness or we will get burnt.
Many of my friends call me a hypocrite for not having anything to do with Harry Potter, or Twilight. What they don't realize is that I am guarding my heart against darkness. Yes, media can desensitize our discernment to fail realizing that sin is harmful to us. We need to remind ourselves what is "not" allowed into the Kingdom of Heaven. It's not just about your mate... it's about anything you choose to tie your soul and your heart to. Be careful what you see,hear, and do for the Father up above is looking down with love. I am praying that God guides you in truth as we face this world of darkness. Please pray for me also.


2 Cor 6:14-18
14-18
Don't become partners with those who reject God. How can you make a partnership out of right and wrong? That's not partnership; that's war. Is light best friends with dark? Does Christ go strolling with the Devil? Do trust and mistrust hold hands? Who would think of setting up pagan idols in God's holy Temple? But that is exactly what we are, each of us a temple in whom God lives. God himself put it this way:


"I'll live in them, move into them;
I'll be their God and they'll be my people.
So leave the corruption and compromise;
leave it for good," says God.
"Don't link up with those who will pollute you.
I want you all for myself.
I'll be a Father to you;
you'll be sons and daughters to me."
The Word of the Master, God.

No comments: