Friday, October 8, 2010

Here Wolfie, Wolfie, Wolfie... Master of Disguise and Deception

Does anyone ever feel like they can trust people then they wind up hurt? Or perhaps you fell in love with someone and they turned out to be a total jerk? Well there is something called deception. Even our heart is deceitful. We feel that something may be right when it is really wrong. Deception can cloud our mind and clutter us into confusion. The devil is the author of confusion. Satan wants us to be confused and deceived so that our perception is not entirely clear, this way he can sneak in and cause damage. A while ago I had been in a relationship where I was deceived into thinking that the relationship was healthy for me. I wasted hours and valuable friend and family time by defending these relationships. I had convinced myself that these were the men I would marry. Yes, it happened more than once (I'm not proud of that). However, it helped me to realize what exactly the bible meant about the heart being deceitful. When we realize that we are struggling with a spirit of deception it is important for us to pray about it. We have the authority through Christ to rebuke it. However, when God opens our eyes and gives us the spirit of discernment we might not like what we see. We might have to make life changes that might not be comfortable for us. Yet they are worth it! When God helps us break free from deception His work starts to break through. I pray today that if you are struggling with a spirit of deception that you are released from it in JESUS NAME! You deserve to be happy. You deserve to be at peace in the love of Christ Jesus. If you need "any" prayer feel free to contact me. God bless and may the spirit of discernment be with you.

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

No comments: