Tuesday, October 12, 2010

That's a Thought!



Psalms 139

1
O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.

2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

Have you ever been to the ocean? You feel so small and the ocean seems so big. I love to go to the ocean and just be alone with God. This week I will be breaking down Psalms 139 into two verses a day. #1 Because I am so busy and it's something I'm familiar with. #2 Because meditating on this passage will help put us all at ease. Today let us think about how God knows our thoughts. What are you thinking? Is it always something you "want" God to know? Today I had trouble keeping my thoughts positive around this one person. I thought that she just did not like me and that she was a snot. I thought that she looked down on me. Then it dawned on me that maybe she was just having a bad day. So, I started to be sickening sweet and went out of my way to be nice to her... even when she was disgusted by something. At the end of the day... she smiled! She said thank you for holding the door for her! I also got to hear how she had the most horrible day. See? We don't know what others thoughts are... and we shouldn't try to read them. However, God knows our thoughts ... so we should worry about ourselves and think positive! This is what I was thinking when I decided to change my thoughts around... maybe it will help you :)


1 Peter 3:19

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

No comments: