Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cupcake Control


Have you ever been on a diet? It seems as soon as you admit you are on a diet, temptation slaps you in the face. People start offering you sweets or yummy smelling greasy foods. You realize that the diet is to help you feel better. However, you are still tempted to indulge. Isn't it great to realize that we can overcome temptation? Being a teacher isn't always easy. My "first" day of my diet a little girl came in today with cupcakes. I just convinced myself not to eat them. Therefore, success I have "not" cheated on my diet. Not only do I feel better but I realized that I'm growing in self control. Self control is one of the fruits of the spirit. Self control is mentioned several times in the bible. Maybe there is something you struggle with? Maybe it's not cupcakes... maybe it's smoking cigarettes, maybe it's something even like bulimia... whatever it is God can help. He can rescue you and help you to overcome temptation and achieve self control! One step at a time... one mountain at a time we can make the journey together! Let me know if you need any specific prayer. Keep remembering God's mercy is new every morning but that doesn't mean we can slip on purpose ;)

“A person without self-control is as defenseless as a city with broken-down walls” (Proverbs 25:28 NLT).

No comments: