Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hang onto His Promise!



Psalm 139:15-16
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.

I love this scripture. Yesterday I didn't write my blog because I was facing a storm. I needed to realize that God is bigger than my problems and that He created every day and He mapped it out before I was born. God loves us. He wouldn't map out a life full of turmoil and hardships. Sometimes it seems that way, but He reminds us that although we might have turmoil and tribulations "fear not" that He "overcame the world". We don't have to live in a hopelessness that will never fade. God is the God who heals and restores. Even those days when we feel so distanced from Him. He draws us closer to Him. He raises us up on His shoulders. When I face challenges sometimes I get a little weepy and I might even write or say something that I don't exactly mean. I may even blurt out things that seem like I lost all hope. However, I always seem to pull through it because I always remember the blessings I have. How much I am truly blessed with everything and everyone around me totally changes my attitude. Perhaps if you get caught in a corner of hopelessness you need to look up and remember that He gets us out and we can overcome it. Also, don't forget to count your blessings... even if it's just being able to breathe :)

And remember God will never plan anything in your life to harm you. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger :)

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

No comments: